Saturday September 25, the whole of Amstelveen is buzzing with nature-, culture- and sports activities. The municipal program 'Amstelveen in 24hrs' covers all corners of the city. At this special day, you get the chance to experience Wester-Amstel during twilight hours, when our porch is shut for regular visitors.
At 19:00 the Rococo gate of Wester-Amstel swings open for lovers of a romantic evening walk. The park will slowly wrap itself in different shades of darkness. Weather permitting, you enjoy the majestic sunset at 19:32 over the 'farming village' Amstelveen. A campfire is lit for you to warm your hands. A small, warm treat is roasted and served here as well.
A maximum of 25 visitors are welcome. You can choose to take a walk by yourself or to join one of our tour guides. No later than 21:00 the gate falls back into its centuries-old lock.
- A reservation is required. You can 'purchase' a free ticket via this link to bookingsite Billetto: this link Optionally, you can contribute towards our activities at Wester-Amstel by making a donation. You will receive a confirmation via e-mail. Please take this e-mail with you as your entrance ticket to this event.
- Our park provides ample space to keep a safety distance of 1.5 meters between you and other visitors .
- Sturdy shoes for the non-paved paths are recommended.
- There are no sanitary facilities available.
- In rainy and/or stormy weather, the activities will be cancelled. Participants will by informaed by e-mail.
- More information about Amstelveen in 24Hrs is found at: www.visitamstelveen.nl/24hrs